Sunday, June 24, 2007

AIR in Glacier National Park 2007



It's the end of my first week as Artist in Residence in Glacier National Park. Whooo Ha, I'm lovin' it here.....again! Coming in the spring is like early morning all day long. Although the weather is somewhat more variable, the unpredictability not to mention the dramatic skies is just fine with me. I have just barely figured out this computer and web access thing, technical magic is amazing too. However, being here in the woods is even more so.

Today (Sunday the 24th) is a "down" day as I have actually been working on the kids alphabet for my AIR project. I am also nursing the blisters I collected in the last few days of hiking. I have also been painting, yes, even in the wilds.... packing that darn backpack over ridge and stream. Gets heavy after 12 miles! I'm not convinced that my painterly skills warrent this much "suffering" but I did do one painting that I liked.

The changes to park infrastructure - bridges, roads etc are pretty dramatic, the other most obvious thing is that there is a LOT more water running through this place than in late summer. OK, so here's the good part..... did I mention I SAW WOLF PUPPIES!! heh, heh, heh.... did you know that it was my goal to see the big dogs this year? (it's even in print, read the book). That's just the most exciting thing since huckleberry ice cream...... I'll be back with more later.

No comments: